8 or so
This recipe, inspired by one from Weight Watchers, results in juicy, flavorful turkey and perfect veggies infused with the flavor of the sauce, dry white wine, and the fennel it all rests on. You could substitute or add other veggies for the Brussels sprouts and mushrooms. —Jessica
Olive oil spray (ideally one of those pump sprays you fill with olive oil)
sliced crimini mushrooms
dry white wine
- Coat a 12×15 roasting pan with olive oil spray.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Trim fennel and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. Arrange slices in bottom of prepared pan.
- Trim Brussels sprouts. Halve large ones. Slice crimini mushrooms.
- If turkey breast is tied with string, cut string and “unfold” breast. Put breast on top of fennel, in center of pan.
- Put Brussels sprouts around turkey. Pour wine over sprouts, then spray sprouts well with olive oil and season with kosher salt.
- Roast 25 minutes.
- Add mushrooms on top of Brussels sprouts. Spray mushrooms well with olive oil and season with kosher salt.
- Roast another 15 minutes, or until turkey instant-read thermometer inserted in middle of turkey reads 165ºF.
- Let turkey stand 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Peanutty alternative: Instead of hoisin sauce and garlic-chili sauce, use 6-7 oz Thai Peanut Sauce